Plan Your Visit
Learn about upcoming free events, free Sunday talks, and donation-based programs:
We are usually open from 10am to 6pm and even if closed, the person at the front desk can open the store and make a sale.
We look forward to sharing our new, improved garden with you after renovations have been completed!
Perfect for walking meditation, contemplation or reading a book, this peaceful space is open to the public.
Framed by the red leaves of the Japanese Maple in fall and blooming roses in summer, a golden Stupa, symbol of enlightened mind rises above a small waterfall. Housed under red eaves, a prayer wheel activates billions of prayers with each rotation, while brightly colored fish dart in and out among water lilies.
Open by appointment between 10am – 6pm daily. Please call or email us to make an appointment.
We are a vegetarian kitchen, please note that no meat is allowed on the premises.
Guide for New Students
Welcome to the Nyingma Institute! Here are a few guidelines to help you orient yourself to the environment and customs here. More questions? Please call the Front Desk at (510) 809-1000 between 10am – 7pm. You can also email us at email@example.com
- Please remove your shoes and place them in the shoe racks at the entrances.
- No food or drinks in the meditation rooms. Please avoid pointing your feet at the altars or sitting with your back to them.
- Please walk clockwise around the prayer wheel and stupa in the garden.
- Please avoid placing anything considered sacred (printed prayer, mantra, or sacred image) on the ground or stepping over it.
Getting Here and Parking:
- Please view our Directions page.