Room Rentals: Covid-19 Updates
Quiet, beautiful space for retreat or sabbatical in Berkeley, CA
Ideal retreat or sabbatical environment for a practitioner or focused individual who wants to strictly quarantine in a beautiful site with a few staff who are also strictly quarantining. Access to our online classes and workshops as appropriate can be included as part of your stay. Rooms are furnished and start at $1,600/month, with shared bathrooms and showers.
We ask that residents come in with a negative COVID-19 test and be willing to strictly quarantine on the campus. We generally do well with people who appreciate a level of independence and are seeking a quiet environment. As a Buddhist center, we are also strictly vegetarian with a no substances policy, and ask that no meat, alcohol, or drugs be brought onto the premises.
In terms of COVID-19 measures, residents here are hyper-careful and currently abiding by physical distancing and masks on site. We also ask that all residents abide by community agreements which include a no contact policy with those outside the bubble.
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please contact us to introduce yourself, learn more, and arrange a virtual tour!
· We prefer a minimum of 6 months, but please let us know your ideal timing.
· Rooms are furnished.
· Bathrooms and showers are shared.
· Wifi and all utilities are included.
· Laundry machines located in building (coin operated).
· Parking in our private lot may be available for an additional $100/month.
· We are a vegetarian, substance-free environment and require that no meat or alcohol be consumed or stored here.
· No overnight guests. [No guests at all due to COVID-19.]
· No loud music or instruments.
· No pets.
· We ask for first month, last month, and security deposit, as well as credit and background checks.
Charming rooms in exceptionally quiet, vegetarian environment, perfect for graduate students, visiting scholars, and serious students, starting at $1,500/month. Located a block away from UC Berkeley at the foothills of Highland and Hearst, we offer a quiet and reserved environment ideal for focused work, reflection, and introspection. Rooms offer beautiful views of the bay and Golden Gate Bridge, or our peaceful meditation garden. Furnished private and shared rooms are available for individuals, with shared kitchen, bathrooms, and showers. Wifi and all utilities are included.
Established in 1972, the Nyingma Institute is a respected Tibetan Buddhist learning center which offers classes and retreats to the general public, in addition to housing staff and dedicated community members. You need not be Buddhist, but should be respectful of our spiritual focus and the quietude that is sought by our retreatants and students. Please note that we are a vegetarian, substance-free environment. We require that no meat or alcohol be consumed or stored here. No pets, no overnight guests, no loud music or instruments. Credit and background checks required. We ask for first month, last month, and security deposit.
- Rooms start at $1500/month.
- 6 month minimum.
- Located 1 block away from the north side of campus.
- Rooms are furnished.
- Bathrooms and showers are shared.
- Wifi and all utilities are included.
- Laundry machines located in building (coin operated).
- Parking in our private lot may be available for an additional $100/month.
- We are a vegetarian, substance-free environment and require that no meat or alcohol be consumed or stored here.
- No overnight guests.
- No loud music or instruments.
- No pets.
- We ask for first month, last month, and security deposit, as well as credit and background checks.
“Nyingma Institute meets all my needs: safety, spotless, walking distance to UC Berkeley, having a community, meeting amicable people, as well as wonderful food.” -M.L, visiting scholar at UCB
“The beauty of the environment, the support of staff, the pleasure of community balanced with an easy autonomy – all of these make Nyingma, for me, so much more than just a place to rent a room conveniently close to UC Berkeley campus. I experience the Nyingma environment as an oasis of beauty, calm, and mindful community. It’s a quiet refuge, a place to be replenished.” – E.G, renter
“The Institute has a long and interesting history, and there are students, residents and guests from all over the world which gives it a very international flavor. The location cannot be beat – one can walk to campus within a few minutes, walk to downtown & BART easily within 15 minutes, and even to North Berkeley BART or the gourmet ghetto for a more ambitious walk.” – A.M, renter
If you would like to learn more, please contact us regarding current availability and to arrange a tour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (510) 809-1000.