Book & Gift Shop
Located on the front porch of Nyingma Institute, the bookstore offers a wide variety of books, sacred art, meditation aids, and imports from the Himalayas for anyone interested in Buddhism, or simply in leading a more spiritual life. Proceeds from the store go to help preserve Tibetan culture through a variety of non-profit organizations founded by Tibetan Lama Tarthang Tulku.
We offer a range of products including books on meditation, healing, Buddhist translations, and children’s books. You may also like to browse our high-quality sacred art reproductions (giclees and posters), cards, folding thankas, & door mantras.
Other products we carry include:
- Meditation Cushions & mats
- CDs and DVDs
- Prayer Flags (many sizes and materials)
- Journals / Sketchbooks with beautiful Dharma covers
- Ritual Objects (Bells & Dorjes, Offering Bowls, etc.)
- Ritual Instruments (Drums, horns, Singing Bowls, etc.)
- Incense (many varieties)
- Neck and Wrist Malas (semi-precious stones, wood & bone)
Location: the front porch of Nyingma Institute.
Hours: We are open from 11 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Saturday; closed Sunday. However, the bookstore can be accessed any time the front desk is staffed.
Questions? Please call (510) 809-1022 or (510) 809-1000.