Furnished private and shared rooms are available for individuals, with shared kitchen, bathrooms, and showers.
Established in 1972, the Nyingma Institute is a respected Tibetan Buddhist learning center which offers classes and retreats to the general public, in addition to housing staff and dedicated community members.
Vegetarian meals are prepared onsite, and served buffet-style for lunch and dinner. We select organic produce, fruits and staples whenever possible. For breakfast, toast, eggs, cheese, fruit, yogurt, milk, soymilk, almond milk, fruit, coffee and a selection of teas are available to you in the kitchen.
If you simply wish to stay here for a few nights while visiting Berkeley, you need not be Buddhist, but should be respectful of our spiritual focus and the quietude that is sought by our retreatants and students.
Overnight StayFlexible Length
- Includes self-serve breakfast.
- Additional meals (lunch or dinner) are $12 each.
- Parking in our private lot is included.
- Sunday programs (morning meditation, morning Kum Nye) are included, if your stay overlaps with that day.
- Lower rates for extended stays: $125/night if over 2 weeks (14 days).
- There is an additional charge for private instruction. To learn more about the types of Personal Retreats offered, please visit this page: Personal Retreats
- Workshop participants may arrange to stay in one of the Institute’s comfortable guest rooms. You receive a $20 discount if you pay for a workshop plus one or more nights. To learn more about upcoming workshops, please visit this page: Workshops
Residential RetreatIncluded with Residential Pricing
- Long term retreats include lodging and meals, if you select the residential option.
- Learn about our multiple-month retreats here: Long-term Retreats