Evening Practice Sessions
Tuesday Evening Chant Padmasambhava PrayersTuesdays from 6:15 – 6:45 pm (with breaks between School Quarters; check Calendar for dates)Join us for a short practice with drums on Tuesday nights, when we chant a special set of prayers evoking the presence of Padmasambhava, one of the founding fathers of Tibetan Buddhism.Cost: Free. Donations welcome.This practice session is in Tibetan, accompanied by drum. It pairs well with the Guide to Chanting Tibetan Prayers class! View courses.
Wednesday Evening Meditation
Silent SittingWednesdays from 6:15 – 6:45 pm (with breaks between School Quarters; check Calendar for dates)30 minute silent meditation sessions with a brief overview of fundamentals. The session starts promptly at 6:15 PM, please arrive a few minutes early.Please note that if the 8th of the lunar month or the full moon are on a Wednesday, there will be a special chanting practice from 6:15 – 6:45 pm instead; check the calendar to see which days this applies to. This practice is held during Quarters; it goes on break when there are no classes. Cost: $5, free for students enrolled in a certificate program
Full Moon Chant
Vajra Guru Mantra
Full Moon Days from 6:15 – 6:45 pm
The full moon is a time to gather for prayer and meditation. Join Nyingma students and friends in chanting the Vajra Guru Mantra interspersed with periods of meditation. The chant is held in one of our classrooms and is led by a community member.
2019 Full Moon Dates:
- January 21 (Monday) – closed for community retreat
- February 19 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues PM chant)
- March 21 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- April 19 (Friday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- May 18 (Saturday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- June 17 (Monday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- July 16 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues PM chant)
- August 15 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- September 13 (Friday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- October 13 (Sunday*) – 5 to 5:45 pm
- November 12 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues PM chant)
- December 12 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
*Please note that if a full moon day falls on a Sunday, we will hold the chant from 5 – 5:45 pm instead.