Tuesday Evening Chant Padmasambhava Prayers
Tuesdays from 6:15 – 6:45 pm (with breaks between School Quarters; check Calendar for dates)
**On break during Summer Quarter 2019 (June 1 – Aug 18)**
This practice session will start again in September Term (Sept 3, 2019).
Join us for a short practice with drums on Tuesday nights, when we chant a special set of prayers evoking the presence of Padmasambhava, one of the founding fathers of Tibetan Buddhism.
Cost: Free. Donations welcome.
This practice session is in Tibetan, accompanied by drum. It pairs well with the Guide to Chanting Tibetan Prayers class! View courses.
Full Moon Chant
Vajra Guru Mantra
Full Moon Days from 6:15 – 6:45 pm
The full moon is a time to gather for prayer and meditation. Join Nyingma students and friends in chanting the Vajra Guru Mantra interspersed with periods of meditation. The chant is held in one of our classrooms and is led by a community member.
2019 Full Moon Dates:
- January 21 (Monday) – closed for community retreat
- February 19 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues PM chant)
- March 21 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- April 19 (Friday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- May 18 (Saturday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- June 17 (Monday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- July 16 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues PM chant)
- August 15 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- September 13 (Friday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- October 13 (Sunday*) – 5 to 5:45 pm
- November 12 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues PM chant)
- December 12 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
*Please note that if a full moon day falls on a Sunday, we will hold the chant from 5 – 5:45 pm instead.
Free Sunday Vajra Guru Mantra Chant
Sundays, 5–5:45 PM
Approximately thirty minutes of chanting is followed by ten to fifteen minutes of silent sitting. The mantra is chanted in a slow melodious way that helps deepen meditation and activate inner healing.
Free Sunday Talks & Gatherings
Sundays, 6-7 PM
Talks touch on a wide variety of topics, including but not limited to: Tibetan Yoga, working and communicating skillfully, traditional Buddhist topics as applied to everyday life, explorations of time and space, how to lead a more balanced life, wellness and healing.