CEU Program: Breaking Free of the Self Image
Breaking Free of the Self Image
Saturday, January 27th, 2018: 1-day workshop, 5 CEUs for LMFTs and LCSWs
Nyingma Psychology programs combine a psychological orientation towards healing and mind with practices drawn from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
In this workshop we will challenge the constraints of the Self Image. Through instructor presentation, discussion and mediation practices, we will examine how to help clients, and ourselves, develop fresh introspection by challenging habitual patterns that inhibit a balanced response to life’s richness. Participants will learn how to help their clients transform automatic negative cognitions and habitual patterns into a more open, spontaneous and emotionally healthy way of being.
Instructor Olivia Hurd has extensive training and practice in Tibetan Buddhist Psychology and has been a respected member of the teaching faculty at the Nyingma Institute for over ten years.
This workshop meets the qualifications for 5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs and LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. It is designed for therapists and those who wish to examine the role the self-image plays in developing a balanced and emotionally healthy life, however, the workshop is also open to the general public. See below for additional information related to CEUs.
Date: Saturday, January 27th, from 10 AM – 4:45 PM
Location: Nyingma Institute, 1815 Highland Place, Berkeley, CA 94709
Course Fee: $80
- 10 AM – 11:30 AM / Instruction
- 11:30 AM – noon / Tea Break
- Noon – 1 PM / Instruction
- 1 PM – 2 PM / Lunch
- 2 PM – 3:30 PM / Instruction
- 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM / Tea Break
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM / Instruction
Additional CEU Information
Provider Name: Nyingma Organizations. Approval Number: 68113
- Participants requiring special accommodations for ADA related needs, please call the Front Desk at (510) 809-1000.
- Course Completion Certificates will be available to participants at the end of the course. A Course Evaluation form must be submitted prior to receiving a Course Completion Certificate.
- Breaks are not included in the total CEU hours available for this course.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: Payments are fully refundable up to two weeks before the course start date. If the cancellation occurs within two weeks prior to the course start date, there will be a 50% administrative fee deducted from the payment.
- Grievance Policy: We look forward to providing a meaningful and pleasant educational experience. If you have any feedback, concerns or grievances to share please direct them in writing to the Conference Director.
- Nyingma Organizations is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs and LCSWs. Nyingma Organizations maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.