Saturday, May 26 – Penetrating and Transforming Negative Emotions with Mindful Awareness (NPS417)
Nyingma Psychology programs combine a psychological orientation towards healing and mind with practices drawn from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
5 CEUs are available for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Non-CEU students can sign up online via the button below. CEU students should contact the Front Desk in order to register. Thank you!
How can emotions and their reactive patterns be released? Potent meditations and mindful body movements can be used to transform unwanted emotions without suppressing them; an increased clarity of mind and sense of balance naturally emerges. “Our problems do not lie in what we experience, but in the attitude we have towards it,” writes Tarthang Tulku.
In this workshop we will work with transforming negative emotions. Through instructor presentation, discussion, and meditation and movement practices from a 1,400 year old wisdom tradition, we will examine how to develop fresh introspection by challenging habitual patterns that inhibit a balanced response to life’s richness. Participants will learn how automatic negative cognitions and emotions can create habitual dysfunctional patterns and how to transform these into a more open, spontaneous and emotionally healthy way of being. This workshop will present a framework that can be useful to therapists in deepening understanding of their clients’ suffering. They will be given new tools that can be helpful to their clients in alleviating suffering.
This day-long workshop offers 5 CEUs to LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. It is also appropriate for anyone interested in creating more balance and joy in their life. Some prior meditation experience is helpful but not required.
Instructor Olivia Hurd has extensive training and practice in Tibetan Buddhist Psychology and has been a respected member of the teaching faculty at the Nyingma Institute for over ten years.
Date: Saturday, May 26 from 10 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Nyingma Institute, 1815 Highland Place, Berkeley, CA 94709
Course Fee: $80 for non-CEU students, $110 for CEU students
- 10 AM – 11:30 AM / Instruction
- 11:30 AM – noon / Tea Break
- Noon – 1 PM / Instruction
- 1 PM – 2 PM / Lunch
- 2 PM – 3:30 PM / Instruction
- 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM / Tea Break
- 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM / Instruction
CEU-Students: To register, please contact the Front Desk at (510) 809-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop meets the qualifications for 5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFT,s, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. It is designed to enhance therapists’ clinical skills and guide others who wish to examine the role negative emotions play in creating dysfunctional patterns that inhibit a balanced life. Participants will learn how to transform these emotions by developing an increased understanding of the their makeup, and by learning meditation and body movement practices to help mitigate the effect they have on one’s well-being.
Provider Name: Nyingma Organizations. Approval Number: 68113
- Participants requiring special accommodations for ADA related needs, please call the Front Desk at (510) 809-1000.
- Course Completion Certificates for CEUs will be available to participants at the end of the course. A Course Evaluation form must be submitted prior to receiving a Course Completion Certificate.
- Breaks are not included in the total CEU hours available for this course.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: Payments are fully refundable up to two weeks before the course start date. If the cancellation occurs within two weeks prior to the course start date, there will be a 50% administrative fee deducted from the payment.
- Grievance Policy: We look forward to providing a meaningful and pleasant educational experience. If you have any feedback or grievances to share please direct them in writing to the Conference Director. Grievances will be responded to within 2 weeks.
- Nyingma Organizations is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. Nyingma Organizations maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.