- About Us
- Who We Are
- A Tour of the Institute
- Fields of Study
- Sacred Projects
- Visit Us
- Contact Us
- Sister Organizations
The Nyingma Institute has a limited amount of off-street parking available for visitors, students, and residents. If you are coming to the Institute for the first time, please call ahead to get instructions for how to use our parking lot (510) 809-1000. We encourage students to car-pool or take public transportation whenever possible.
Street Parking in our area is free and unlimited on Saturdays and Sundays only. On weekdays there is a two hour parking limit and rules are strictly enforced.
Note: Parking will be limited during UC Berkeley and Greek Theater Events.
There are two nearby parking structures and one parking lot as follows:
1. UC Upper Hearst Parking Structure
Hearst Ave / La Loma Ave
Berkeley, CA 94720
Opening Hours & Prices
$ 2.00 / 1 hour
$20.00 / max
2. The Stadium Parking Structure
2175 Gayley Rd
Berkeley, CA 94720
Mon-Sun 24 hours
1 Hour, $ 3.00; 2 Hours, $ 7.00; 3 Hours, $ 10.00
3. Foothill Parking Lot
Drive East on Hearst Ave. Pass Highland Place, Hearst Ave turns slightly and continues to Cyclotron, a few hundred feet up on the right is the "Foothill Parking Lot".
Ticket Dispensing Machines and Rates
• Ticket dispensing machines (TDMs) accept $1, $5 bills and credit cards only.
• The new rates are $2 per/hour, $20 maximum valid until 2am.
To operate a ticket machine:
• Enter Space #, then press ENTER
• Insert Cash or Credit Card. For cash transactions, please use exact change, machine does not give change.
• For credit card transactions, insert card and press ADD $1 for the amount of time you want to park.
• Press ENTER to receive your ticket
Near the ticket booth is a walkway that runs South along the "Foothill UC Housing" at the end of the walkway you will see the Nyingma Institute right across the street.