How do we gently, but intentionally and systematically, transform our daily experience to become the nutrition that fuels our flourishing?
How do we direct body, speech and mind in the service of realizing our full potential?
What conditions do we need to cultivate to truly flourish?
Join us for a joyful, engaged 6-month journey as we explore: food; lifestyle and environment; posture and movement patterns; habits of mind and senses; relaxation and resilience; daily rhythms; relationships.
Our exploration methods include: movement and stillness; cooking and kitchen craft; questioning and listening; observing and journaling; nature connection; a good dose of playfulness
All in a supportive and interactive environment.
The program is held on the second Saturday of each month, from June to November 2017.
Wellness weekends are designed as an integrated 6-month series of weekend retreats. The workshops are most powerful when taken as a complete series, but drop-ins are welcome.
Each workshop is $80, which includes instructions and a vegetarian buffet lunch.
You can add a 2-night stay and all meals, creating a weekend getaway by upgrading to $330.
June 10: Connecting with the Pulse of Time (The Journey Begins)
Topics: The big picture; appreciation for this precious life
Lab: Getting our lives into rhythm, connecting with the pulse of time
July 8: The Road to Flourishing is Paved with Good Intestines
Whole foods nutrition; your gut community and ‘you’
Lab: Fermentation and kitchen craft
August 12: The Power of Posture to Shape Well Being
Posture’s role in mood and memory, pain and performance
Lab: The seven gestures in daily life
September 9: Clearing the Inner and Outer Environment
Toxins, perceptions, attitudes and beliefs, and relationships
Lab: Green solutions for home and body care
October 14: Relaxation and Resilience
Creating the internal space to be; meeting and greeting obstacles
Lab: Exploring supports for a good night’s sleep
November 11: Community is the Cure
Interdependence, support, and service
Lab: Purpose, path and ongoing practice
Instructor: Donna Morton
Donna’s specialty is health and wellness education. As a practicing physical therapist, holistic nutrition consultant and educator, and experienced Kum Nye Tibetan yoga teacher, she brings a multidisciplinary and embodied approach to human flourishing.
Saturday Workshop Only
- Includes Saturday instruction from 10:00 AM – 4:45 PM, with vegetarian buffet lunch and tea breaks
Upgrade: Wellness Weekend
- A complete weekend experience in a beautiful serene setting with contemplative gardens, access to our reading room and the leisure to integrate insights from supportive group instruction sessions.
- Friday: Arrive between 3 – 6 PM and check into your private, comfortable room. Settle and relax into your weekend.
- Saturday: Choose from breakfast foods available in the community kitchen, including bread, granola, cheese, fruit, teas and coffee. Attend instruction sessions from 10:00 AM – 4:45 PM, with tea breaks and a vegetarian buffet-style lunch.
- Sunday: On Sunday morning, enjoy a lovely brunch. Participate in optional meditation (9 – 10 AM) and Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga (10 AM – noon) sessions. Brunch is served at noon. Check out in the afternoon by 2 PM.
- Includes complimentary meditation session and Tibetan Yoga Kum Nye session on Sunday morning, Sunday brunch, Saturday lunch, Saturday self-serve breakfast, a 2-night stay and the instruction session on Saturday.